Frank’s legal practice focuses primarily on the entertainment and sports industry, representing clients in connection with both transactional and civil litigation matters. Prior to going into private practice, Frank was one of the founding members of Dewey & LeBoeuf, LLP’s Entertainment, Media, and Sports Practice Group, which was founded in 2007. Frank has successfully negotiated contracts for and handled civil litigation matters on behalf of iconic talent, and has counseled start-up production and media companies. He is also a certified NFL contract advisor.
Prior to joining Dewey & LeBoeuf, LLP, Frank was an associate with the boutique entertainment law firm, The McMillan Firm, where he handled a wide variety of transactional and litigation matters ranging from contractual matters to copyright and trademark for various entertainment clients. Before joining The McMillan Firm, Frank was a litigation associate at the international law firm of Jones Day where he represented Fortune 500 corporate clients in commercial transactions, intellectual property and securities matters.
Over the past decade Frank has amassed a strong network of accomplished individuals in the entertainment, media, and sports industries. He has close relationships with numerous executives, talent managers, agents, artists and wealth managers as well as attorneys that practice in the sports and entertainment field. Frank works closely with his wide range of colleagues on matters ranging from client representation to sourcing new business deals for his clients.
Frank’s legal practice today consists of litigation and transactional matters in the following areas:
- Entertainment — film, television, music
- Sports – representation of professional athletes with their club contracts, licensing, sponsorship and entertainment deals
- Branding – individuals and corporate
- Intellectual property — trademark, copyright, trade dress, publicity rights, trade secrets
- Licensing and sponsorship
- Trade secrets, privacy and confidentiality
- Endorsement, licensing, co-marketing and sponsorship
- Privacy (defamation, libel and slander)
- General litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Frank is admitted to practice in New York State as well as in the federal court for the Southern District of New York. He received his Juris Doctorate from Boston University School of Law and his undergraduate degree from The College of New Jersey.